Thursday, December 27, 2007

Second Quarter

Pre Game
First Quarter

Second Quarter

Celtics are starting the second quarter with t. Allen, pierce, house, Posey, and pollard. Eddie house knocks a quick deep 2 down. Everyone questions this second unit for the Celtics but I really like it. I think not only are they quality players, but I would put our bench against most teams benches. They don’t only manage but they sometimes take over games.

Wally just scored 5 consecutive points but the Sonics are still down by 5. Meanwhile Paul Pierce goes to the free throw line and is it just me or does Paul always look like he smells something bad? Pierce knocks down both free throws. I am a huge Tony Allen fan but the more and more I think of him I can’t stop thinking of the barstool article relating him to Wily Mo Pena - some games he frustrates the hell out of you and other nights you question why he isn’t starting in this league. Pre injury last year Tony Allen played like a superstar and I believe once he gets all healthy he will be the explosive player he once was.

With 8:57 on the clock the Celtics are up 32 to 27. Pierce our R. Allen in. As much as I downplayed Delonte earlier I do miss him and his growth, he is a baller he can just play and will do what he needs to do to try to win. KG in Pollard out. Wally ties the game up at 32 with 7 min, but Posey ends the run with a 3. Watching this Seattle team it reminds me of the Celtics of last year. Rondo in for House. Tie game at 37 with 5 left. The Celtics need to settle down right now they are not playing like the passing team we’ve seen for the first 25 games and we are letting the Sonics control this game, exactly what happened with the Pistons.

Delonte and Wally have been keeping the Sonics in this game, they obviously smell revenge, we need ray Allen to stop being the nice guy and start bombing up some threes like we all know he can. Being a Celtics fan I am getting very frustrated at the way they are playing. Seattle has 7 turnovers but yet the score is still tied. Jesus for three…… got it, assisted by Rondo. KG blocked 2 consecutive possessions by Seattle. KG great pass inside to perk for the 2 and the foul. But Perk dishes the freebee. What the fuck is going on with Wally and since when did he become great. We need Rondo to start being a factor on the offense. 42 to 41 with 3 min left. Boston takes the time out. I’m about to pull my hair out right now, they are playing like shitheads, and I don’t know how they have 9 assists and zero turnovers. It doesn’t make sense how this is a one point game. They are letting Seattle run and that is where their game is the strongest. Doc needs to start pressing and make them more aggressive on defense or Seattle might be more trouble than they need to be.

Rondo steals the ball passes it quickly to Garnett and Delonte West commits an extremely hard foul, Garnett looks pissed. If I was Delonte I’d shit myself after seeing how pissed he was. Garnett hits one of 2. Kevin is pissed and hits an impossible jumper. Meanwhile the Celtics are playing like shit, and guess who is leading the charge, Delonte and Wally. At this point I must be sounding like a broken record, but they are showing some heart right now while Ray Allen seems to not even be playing. So at halftime the Celtics are up 47-46. I’ll break down the points now: Boston KG 14 points, 7 reb, 2 assists, pierce 11,3,2 perk 8,7 rondo 0,3,2 meanwhile Seattle Durant 8,3 Wally 12 points Delonte 11,3,6 and as you can see that is the whole game. I praised the Celtics bench earlier but so far they are MIA while Seattle’s bench has been unbelievable and Wally and Delonte are killing us. I’m going to take a break and cut myself over how their defense has been playing and how they are playing in general.

No comments: