Thursday, December 27, 2007

A C's Post? Why Not.

And not just any old post, it's live blog time.

Dave Pearce will be live blogging this game from Canada. If you do not know who he is and and you are from the Rhode Island area listen to 90.3 WRIU on Tuesdays and Fridays from 12:30-1 where he is the host of the “Sports Guys” as well as the play by play AND colorman for your #25th ranked Rhode Island Rams.

Pre Game

Since I'm watching this in Canada, it'll be one of the few games I will not get to here any Tommy Points.

When I first think of this game you think to yourself this is the second game in a row on a West Coast trip and when you talk about the west coast, you automatically think that the west is going to produce good teams. Well as the beast of the east (fuck the pistons) the Celtics held the Sacramento “Queens”to only 69 points. The next victim will be the Seattle (maybe Oklahoma)Sonics who will suit up some familiar faces. During last years draft we traded our first round pick (Jeff Green) along with Delonte West and Wally “World” Szerbiak for Ray Allen and a second round pick which we used on Big Baby Glen Davis. So far it looks like a good trade for us figuring Delonte “don’t call me injury prone” West and Wally are bench players, where as Ray Allen has re-emerged as a superstar in a different type of green.

Seattle is a team that is in certain disarray with an 8-20 record led by rookie Kevin Durant. In the off season they lost both Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis which forced the rookie Durant to be a young leader. Like I said earlier just because they are a West Coast team does not mean that they are good.

Opinions on the trade: well I loved Delonte, hated Wally and we didn’t need to get any younger so for Danny Ainge's ass saving off season I believe it was a move you had to do. Especially if that will lure you Kevin Garnett out of Minnesota. As much as I “believed” Delonte West was going to once be a star in this league I can see him being no more than a solid all around player for instance, a Chucky Atkins type of player. I don’t even want to talk about Wally cuz he just sucked and was a waste of time for everyone. Jeff Green I loved at Georgetown and I hope he has a good career but the Celtics didn’t need a player that is decent but not great at everything. Ray Allen spreads the floor making it easier for Pierce to penetrate and when KG gets double-teamed an easy three points because he will likely be wide open. Plus he is Jesus Shuttles worth.

What I have noticed most about the past couple games was the emergence of my favorite player on the team Rajon Rondo. I love the fact that the pass first point guard is starting to get more comfortable with his jumpshot. That will do everything for the boston Celtics if people have to start guarding him closer and will ultimately leave one of the “Big Three” wide open. And ifanyone cares the holiday bowl score is 28-10 with Texas in the lead.

No comments: