Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Real American Pastime


I hate the winter. I hate everything to do with the winter. More than anything, I hate the snow. It is not even Christmas yet and we already have 3 goddamn feet of the shit. I will be miserable from now until March. There is, however, one huge silver lining to my misery.

Snowballing Cars.

There is no single act on the planet that provides the cheap, wholesome thrill you get after douching an unsuspecting motorist with a grapefruit sized ball of snow. Why I am able to get such a rush off this is beyond me. It probably has something to do with the fact that I have the mentality of a 14 year old. Either way, I love it.

I added a new twist during the most recent snowfall - Attacking Cabs. Walking home from the bar I must pass 50 of them. The best part is, there is no shame in doing it and there is no chance they are going to stop and chase you. When I was a kid, it was all about the chase. If the driver didn't stop, half the fun was zapped right out of it. I'm too old for that shit now. I don't need to be hiding behind snow banks and cutting through backyards trying to get away from some pissed off lowlife stupid enough to chase a kid around. No, I want to stand right out in the open, hit the car and move on with my life. That is what makes cabs so great. Especially if they are carrying passengers.

1 comment:

Mgar said...

This is your best post so far.
Fuck snow.