Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stuff White People Like

In my constant search for new and mildy entertaining blogs I stumbled upon Stuff White People Like. In a word, genius. I spent hours looking up and down the list, studying the eloquent prose. After reading about each item on the list, I found myself nodding in approval. It was all so true. If it wasn't something that I could directly relate to, I could easily think of 5 or 10 white friends that it would apply to. Many of the things listed were universally applicable to the white race. I mean find me a white person who doesn't like Mos Def or Asian girls. Can't do it.

At anyrate, I have re-posted the list for your convenience. I even put the best ones in bold. However, I strongly encourage you to visit the source to get the full write up for each item. I should also mention that the list is growing. There are currently 73 but a handful of new ones are added each week.

Stuff White People Like

1. Coffee
2. Religions That Their Parents Don't Belong To
3. Film Festivals
4. Assists
5. Farmers Markets
6. Organic Food
7. Diversity
8. Barack Obama
9. Making You Feel Bad About Not Going Outside
10. Wes Anderson Movies
11. Asian Girls
12. Non-Profit Organizations
13. Tea
14. Having Black Friends
15. Yoga
16. "Gifted" Children
17. Hating Their Parents
18. Awareness
19. Traveling
20. Being an Expert on YOUR Culture
21. Writer's Workshops
22. Having Two Last Names
23. Microbreweries
24. Wine
25. David Sedaris
26. Manhattan (Now Brooklyn Too!)
27. Marathons
28. Not Having a TV
29. 80's Night
30. Wrigley Field
31. Snowboarding
32. Vegan/Vegetarianism
33. Marijuana
34. Architecture
35. The Daily Show/Colbert Report
36. Breakfast Places
37. Renovations
38. Arrested Development
39. Netflix
40. Apple Products
41. Indie Music
42. Sushi
43. Plays
44. Public Radio
45. Asian Fusion Food
46. The Sunday New York Times
47. Art Degrees
48. Whole Foods and Grocery Co-Ops
49. Vintage
50. Irony
51. Living By The Water
52. Sarah Silverman
53. Dogs
54. Kitchen Gadgets
55. Apologies
56. Lawyers
57. Juno
58. Japan
59. Natural Medicine
60. Toyota Prius
61. Bicycles
62. Knowing What's Best for Poor People
63. Expensive Sandwiches
64. Recycling
65. Co-Ed Sports
66. Divorce
67. Standing Still At Concerts
68. Michel Gondry
69. Mos Def
70. Difficult Breakups
71. Being the Only Other White Person Around
72. Study Abroad
73. Gentrification

3 comments:

Captain Avalanche said...

Wow. That sounds exactly like me. Although I'm not sure how you can find inspiring prose in a list.

ContractYear said...

thats why I said go to the source. each item on the list has a 2 paragraph write up.

Unknown said...

Good list, but i don't see why marijuana is on there..