Monday, February 18, 2008

And We're Back


I missed a lot in 11 days. Lots of NBA trade action, all the pitcher/catcher nonsense, Kelly Pavlik beating Jermaine Taylor again and I'm sure plenty of other things I have yet to read about. The biggest news for me was the unveiling of the SI Swimsuit Issue. Ever since my dad would steal these from me as a kid under the guise of me being too young to read it, I have eagerly anticipated the magazine's arrival. I'm no longer a subscriber so I now must buy it at the newstand with all the other pervs in the world but the anticipation is still the same.

Readers of this site will know that this year's issue is a bigger deal than normal for me. During my absense from reality, SI announced the cover would go to seven year vetran Marisa Miller. The issue dropped on February 12th and you damn well know the first thing I did upon arriving in Boston was picking up my copy. I've gone through it about 4 times now and my first reaction can be summed up in two words. Fuck and Me.

Don't get me wrong, there could be a few more photos of dear Marisa but supplemented with the online content it is gangbusters. This means a lot coming from me. I just spent a week and a half in a nation where 75% of the female population under the age of 23 could star in their very own Maxim (or SoHo if we want to keep it local).

I guess the moral of the post is that coming back to this shitty ass city with its shitty ass weather was not easy. The SI Swimsuit issue and its lovely cover have made this reality just a little bit easier.

No comments: