Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Signing Day

Signing day was today. I don't really care. But apparently we were supposed to pick a player to latch on to for his college career. I read Rivals and occasionally scan the EPSN top prospects but other than that it all kind of bores me. Let me know when these guys pick up their first sexual assualt charge or get busted for buying booze for 15 year olds. My pick is Kevin Hart, a lineman from Nevada. I don't know dick about him and didn't really care to find anything out. Allegedly he paid some recruiter to hook him up at Cal. Nobody informed him that blue chip athletes get paid, they don't do the paying. Boy I would love to see this guys SAT scores. Anyways, here's the story as I originally saw it. April Fool's Signing Day

BMack and DP were a little more thorough in their own research. Here are some snippets from the novels they sent in.
---------------------------------------------------
BMack -


I have found my new love in college football. His name is De'Anthony Curtis (Ed Note: The ESPN write up was provided however its long and boring so go to ESPN.com if you really give a shit). This freak of nature will be attending the great school of Arkansas. He is going to be the next Mcfadden, and will win at least one Hiesman Trophy. There are many reasons to enjoy this "Athlete". Take his first name, De'Anthony, any person thats put De', or Ja' in front of thier name has greatness in thier future. JaMarcus Russell, DeAngelo Williams (college), and a personal favorite from back in the day Jamar Tombs (Texas A&M). The next reason to love him is that he has the same last name as my favorite NFL player ever Curtis Martin. So how can we possibly go wrong. De'Anthony will also be in a system that is losing thier top two running backs, and loves to run the ball. With the Arkansas system in place he will get a lot of touches. Playing in the SEC helps a player reach that next level since you will be playing NFL ready athletes on a weekly bases.
---------------------------------------------------
DP


I always get extremely excited this time of year. This is the time that I get to become some young mans biggest fan for the next 5 years. Other people I have loved in the past have gone from Adrian McPherson, Troy Smith, MarcusVick, Josh Freeman, basically black qbs.
The Player who I am choosing to be the next superstar is E.J.Manuel, the 6'5 210 QB from Virginia who recently signed with Florida State.

Ed Note: DP also provided ESPN write up. Still long, still boring. Lots of stuff about strong arms, fitting balls into tight sports, lateral movements, speed, cock as big as a horses, blah, blah, blah. Look it up if you are so inclined.

No comments: