Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 12 In Progress


I hate Sunday mornings. Forget about the hangovers or the fact there is never anything in the apartment worth eating, its the waiting that kills me. When I was younger, I would only have to wait until noon time. That's when the pregame shows came on. There were 3 to choose from, I didn't have a favorite. I would spend the hour flipping between them, trying to find a topic or team that I gave a shit about. How I long for those days. Now my day doesn't get started until 1:05. Why you ask? Because today's pregame shows are absolutely worthless. Its almost as if the network chiefs got together and said let's take a mildly watchable product and flush it down the shitter. Let's bring in the most obnoxious, waspy and douchy on air talent. Let's get rid of factual analysis and replace it with incoherent bloviating. Kudos to ESPN for taking it all one step further by expanding their show a whole hour.

You know what else I hate? The jewelry Christmas commercials that run during every single break. I've been watching football for 2 hours and 28 minutes so far and I have seen approximately 324 Zales, Kays and Beldin's spots. It's football for christ sakes. I don't need this shit. You want to maximize your return on advertising dollars? Air them during Grey's Anatomy. Dicks.

As for the actual games, not a bad slate up in the Northeast. Competitive to say nothing else. Well competitive going into the games, not so much now for the NY Giants. I am not really sure how this is possible but the Vikes have scored 41 points on less than 220 yards of total offense, 60 of which came on the second play of the game. I guess this sort of thing happens when you throw 2 quick-six picks in under a minute. Well done Eli. Thankfully Fox has switched over to the Bucs-Skins. The late game provides two of the most dysfunctional teams in the league - two totally inept offenses and two overrated defenses. If the Chargers win they'll be a game over .500 which pretty much locks up a playoff spot out in the AFC West. Pathetic.

Fianlly, if the Eagles can't cover a 22 spread tonight, they should be immediately relegated to the CFL. I have been in touch with NFL to make sure this happens so at least we'll have something to keep us interested during the rout.

No comments: