Thursday, November 22, 2007

And It Begins Like It Will End

With banner number 4 going to the rafters.

Yes, that's right, the Blue Devils are back. I know, I know its only a preseason tournament but Kyle Singler and company blew through the competition. Duke won its three games by an average margin of 14 points extending its unbeaten record in Maui to 12 games.

I am going to put it out there right now - Duke will cut down the nets in San Antonio in 2008. Granted, I make this prediction year after year but this year is different. Coach K has assembled a team void of any weaknesses that have plagued them since their last National Title. They are young, fast and extremely talented. Most importantly they have depth. No more 6 man rotations trying to keep pace with the other ACC powerhouses. That means they might actually make it out of conference play with their legs beneath them instead of running on fumes.

Am I being overly optimistic? Probably, but the team is 5-0 and I can't find a potential loss on their schedule until February. So fuck it, title number 4 is coming to Cameron.

2 comments:

Mgar said...

Duke sucks

BC will beat them this year and Rhody almost beat BC

ContractYear said...

Taylor King just knocked down his 4th three of the first half. I think Duke will take care of BC no problem